Sunday, September 26, 2010

A month in Aggieland

I can't believe that it has been over a month since we got here! In some ways it has flown by and in other ways it feels like we have been here for a long time. I'm finally starting to recognize people at church and we know our way around town pretty well now.

Here's a few highlights from the last week.

Allison and Brock (my sister and brother-in-law) came up with their four kids for the Texas A&M v. Florida International game.


 It was embarrassing.  No one has even heard of Florida International, yet they were creaming Texas A&M for the first three quarters.  Then A&M made a comeback in the fourth quarter, but we had left by then.  We've decided BYU football games are a lot louder and have people cheering on all sides, whereas A&M has a lot of spirit in the student section and the rest of the stadium is dead.  The best part is definitely the band.  Here's one of their cool formations they do:

Before the game we had sloppy joe's and taught my youngest nephew how to walk.  He is 16 months old but still just likes to crawl everywhere.
You can see a little bit of our front room in the video. That will be my goal for next week is to take the "after" shots of our apartment. I have some before pictures that will scare anyone.

Nate and I also finally got our ring picture.  Everyone buys a Texas A&M ring when they graduate and they are these HUGE pieces of gold on people's hands, it's hard not to notice them.  A guys ring costs about $900!  They hand out the rings three times a year and parents, grandparents etc. come for it. This is the ring that they have out front of the building Nate works in.  A lot of people take their wedding pictures under this ring.

Where's Waldo? Here's a picture of the ring day Nate just worked at.  He's the one in the middle looking up at the camera.
Beyond that, I finished my second week of work.  My job is getting better but I am still not loving it.  The company has a "big brother" sort of feel to it and I don't feel like I really get to use my brain a lot at work.  I am still looking elsewhere but we will see what happens.  I guess I should have a more positive outlook and I am grateful to have income and something to do right now. 

Nate won an award today in Elder's Quorum for 2nd place in the washer tournament. We had a ward activity yesterday where we threw washers onto a board ten feet in front of us with a hole in it. In one turn Nate got three of the washers in the hole in a row. What can I say, Nate is athletic. Even when it comes to washer throwing. I thought it was pretty funny. So now we have a ribbon with a washer on it.  Don't know what we're going to do with that one...

1 comment:

  1. Do you kids do anything down there besides football?? Just kidding! Looks like you're having a good time! Hope your job gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete