Monday, April 11, 2011

Blue Bonnets and NCAA Final Four

We are still trying to decide what we'll be doing this summer, and where we will be.  I sent in an application to the FDIC over a month ago, and they haven't made any decisions yet on internships.  I called them last week, and they said they had my application (which is good) but still don't know who they will select.  One of my professors at school worked at The Federal Reserve in Dallas for a while, and she gave me the email of her boss, and I emailed him, but haven't heard anything since.

I have spoken to the Financial Aid office at Texas A&M, and they have a part-time internship they can offer me (paid) for 20 hours a week.  The Admissions Office at Texas A&M also has a part-time internship (unpaid) that is available.  So we are still waiting to hear from the FDIC before making any decisions.

We did decide to live in our same apartment next year.  The price is fairly reasonable, and we really like the location. 


Yesterday Andrea and I went to the Blue Bonnet festival in a town called Chappell Hill.  Some friends from my program had talked about going so we met them there.  We thought we'd get to see lots of blue bonnets and finally take some pictures with them.  Much to our dismay, we got there and there were no blue bonnets!  Not a single one.  There were lots of booths set up for events and activities, but no blue bonnets.  We luckily found some on the side of the road, so I took a picture for us to remember.




Last weekend we had a lot of fun!  We went to Houston and spent the weekend with Andrea's sister and went to some of the final fours activities! Downtown Houston had a huge concert and events where people could go and win prizes.

 I went to the Final Four games with Brock, and two of Brock's brothers.  It was a ton of fun!  The atmosphere was electric.  It was interesting looking at the different teams.  UCONN didn't have any fans there.  Butler and VCU both outnumbered.  Kentucky outnumbered everyone, and they were pretty depressed they lost.


I loved this saying for the Final Four.  It was perfect for Houston.  When they started the games, they would have a recording playing from a rocket getting ready to blast off.  Really cool.
This is where I watched the Final Four and my view:



 And this is where I watched the National Championship game:



Little different view, right?

5 comments:

  1. Sorry our TV isn't cool enough for you. Sheesh! jk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! Hopefully one of those internships will go through! Are you guys coming home anytime in the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I heard that you're interested in hanging out once we get down there and we are all in! we'll be at my parents for the first week before our big roadtrip which isn't too bad-big tv, free food, and tons of games-not to mention a bunch of empty bedrooms if you're feeling too tired to make the long trip back to college station
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen. I don't know if we'll make it Utah this summer. I have to do an internship, and we're still not sure where that will be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whitney. We are always wanting to hang out with you two! We miss our game partners!

    ReplyDelete