Monday, November 22, 2010

Apartment

So I guess I can finally post some pictures of our apartment, now that we have lived here three months!

First, the before shots.  Our first day here, after spending three days in the car.  Here is a small sample of what we came home too:








Basically a lot of chaos.  I remember spending an hour or two looking for sheets, towels and our shower curtain.  Things I will remember to label better next time we move.  It was definitely a little overwhelming, and I think it took me about three weeks to go through every box, but now it looks like this:









The reason for the blanket over the window is that we have really bright lights outside of our window making it hard to sleep at night and we were too cheap to buy curtains, thus the blanket technique.  It's worked pretty well so far.

We had Young Women in Excellence on Wednesday this week.  It was really sweet because they brought flowers for me, the young women's president and the personal progress advisor because we are all switching wards.  It was fun to have one last combined activity.  Our Young Women are really amazing.  We have four laurels, who are probably some of the only members in their high school. Each of the four is very talented, one is the yearbook editor, one was homecoming queen, one is on the basketball team, and the other is star of their high school play, Cinderella.  In addition they all play the piano, sing etc.  And they all have really strong testimonies.  We really have a good group of young women.

Thursday night was enrichment.  I took the wife of one Nate's friends in his program.  It was all about keeping Christmas meaningful and economical.  It was fun and got me ready for Christmas.  In fact we put up our Christmas decorations last night.  We have quite a few because we got married in December.

This Friday Nate took me to Harry Potter-great movie.  We can't wait for the next one!  And he took me to a midnight yell :)  It was the last one of the season and we were already up late because of the movie.  I thought it was fun, but Nate probably has decided one is enough.  That's about all for this week, we can't wait for Thanksgiving (and a break from school and work)!

No comments:

Post a Comment